Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Labels or Love Weekend.....



This past Friday, my gay mafia and I made the pilgrimage to the Nirvana called Sex and the City, the movie. At times like this, I wonder: what are setting ourselves up for? We were lucky enough to even get tickets for Friday, and as far the eye can see women in horrible fashions flashed before my eyes. While I can identify with a character or two from the show as well as the next woman or gay man, the LAST thing I need to hear in the background is every woman and gay guy saying such gems as :"I am SO the Carrie of my group!" Trick, please! Save this tired argument for the car
with your friends or in the bar in a drunken stupor. Well back to us.
As we were settling into to our uncomfortable chairs, trust this group to find the drunkest, obnoxious, loud group of cougars in the house. And just like that old Frankie Goes to Hollywood song; Two Tribes Go To War.....
Lead Cougar: "What are you guys doing here? This a Chick Flick."
BFF: "We are all gay."
And the fun begins. I can honestly say that this little reminded of me why my friends means so much to me. Boyfriends come and go, but the friends are the ones that stay with you through all the changes, the triumphs and the heartbreaks. Just want to thank the guys for making my life so much more special.

4 comments:

Wonder Man said...

that was cute

Anonymous said...

It was fun times indeed :)
Next time though maybe we need a little sauce before we go to the movies!

Christopher said...

I hate the fact that I'm Miranda...

Alex said...

Just own it!