Monday, May 12, 2008

Mischief, I'm Making Mischief, Making Mischief!

There is something to be something to be said for revenge... I know there are many of you out there who will probably say: "There is never just cause for revenge" or "you should leave things alone and move on." While I can empathize with these statements sometimes, I honestly have to admit that is not usually how I roll. This past weekend proved without a doubt that if "revenge is a dish best served cold", I will take mine with a side of cherry cheesecake...



The festivities started off quietly enough with me having yet another excruciating day at work, and the only thing saving me was that I was leaving work early (as I do on most Fridays). Just as I was about to to go over the walls, who should accost me? This closet case blow hard(he he he "blow hard) I can't stand (and who hates me in equal measure) with some delicious bit of gossip he wanted to impart to me. As anyone who knows me might guess, I was distrustful of this gesture, as previous exchanges between us have always had some edge to them. I will elaborate on this on a future post, but needless to say he shared that the horrible hag I told you about earlier was getting her just deserts. I was taken aback by all of this, as previously my frienemy received valuable information that I had on him from this rotten turncoat, and here he was trying to bond with me in our mutual dislike of this traitorous witch. Turns out, she will be having to work for her supper this summer in the most degrading of fashions, and I didn't have to lift a finger to exact my revenge. Thank you, Karma.



I was so inspired by this, that I had to give back to the universe, and help a dear friend of mine get a little taste of vengeance himself......I will not go into details, but I hope that my covert action stratagem gives my friend a little more comfort, and removes all doubt that 90's Alex is DEAD AND BURIED!!! After I completed my mission, I could not help but look back at how my favorite X-man Storm had evolved. I also see myself in transition, and now realize I can never be the "Alex" I was, or pretended to be. While it is scary sometimes, there is a a part of me that welcomes it.....

2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

we're human and it happens sometimes. But it's good you're aware of it.

Love the Jem reference

Christopher said...

You're EVIL!