Monday, April 21, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Like the song says; "These are the days when you wish your bed was already made." Today was one of those infuriating Bakersfield days when you wish you could have just stayed in bed and slept it off..

For starters, I had such a good time with the Sunday Family get together and putting more stuff of my IPod (it's like crack!) that I dragged my sorry gluteous to bed at 2:45 am! Then I got back up around 5 to gt ready for work.... Let me inform you gentle readers that on Mondays and Wednesdays, I work from 7 to 6:30pm...Needless to say, I was looking at hot mess when I got in to work, and headed straight for my cube.. And just like that, I run into the most irritating coworkers that I have in the building.

Our history of hate began when I first got hired on. Almost from the start, she made it no secret that she had a problem with how "out" I am at work, and how everything that came out of my mouth was "gay, gay, gay!" Anyways another one of our coworkers came in and asked how my weekend went. I spun her all the details of the adventures I had at my usual Family Sunday get together, and then went into the Scooby Gang's travel to the Casa. For some reason this perked Baroness Bitchy's interest and she proceeded to get into my Kool Aid with, "Is that all you can talk about?" That was it. I became Lil Kim and let loose with some mean comments. Suffice it to say, I let her know it was "noneya" (none of your business). She left in a huff, I was content with enjoying the rest of my morning breakfast, and dealing with today's drama.

At first I felt bad, but then the more I thought about it, the more pissed I got. In almost every setting, straights never have to apologize for how they live their lives, but us gays are always on the defensive for sharing the smallest aspects of our lives with friends and family.

Let me be the first to tell you; I am done with editing my life for people who mean less to me that a pound of dead flies so they can feel comfortable in their surroundings and not have their ideas of what gay people are "supposed to be" challenged.

A great thinker once said; "I yam what I yam, and that I yam" and he was right....Popeye, this one's for you...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. People that are insecure with their homophobia need to get over it. They aren't going to catch a case of the "gays" If they would get past that I think they would realize we aren't that much different after all. Yes there are the stereotypes but its not typical of who we are.

Alex said...

I agree with Paul. You are always going to have people like that around you in one form or another. Just hold your head up high and be the proud gay man you are!

Christopher said...

Isn't this heffer a big ol dike herself? It sure sounds like it!

[no offense to any of your Lovely Lesbian readers].

Give me the word, and I'll send Anya in to take care of this mess for you.

Wonder Man said...

I agree with your team. Keep yourself on the up and up

Christopher said...

As a straight man, I support gay rights.