Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Almost doesn't count....


Well I know it has been a while since I last posted, but with the demands of work, grad school, and the ongoing ex drama, my plate is pretty full at the moment.. Just to catch you people up on my little slice of Genoa City, my ex (whom I will call the Jolly Rancher) is about to celebrate yet another birthday party, and cordially invited me to come and celebrate this event with him, and small group of friends in the small town he is from. Despite some uneasy feelings mixed with a touch of fear, I agreed to come up and help him usher it in. But in my heart of hearts, I wonder if I am doing the right thing ? I want to stay on good terms (which is rare for me and my exes) with him, but at the same time, I have to ask myself : WTF am I doing? So much has changed, am I setting myself up for yet more drama? Recently after a heart-felt conversation with the BFF, we questioned if there was a gay man that was drama-free? At the end of the discussion, I came away with the conclusion that most if not all gay men have some sort of drama, if they don't, they sure as heck are going to make some!!! Even when I just had a nice visit with him and made the decision not to get together for "old time's sake", here I am putting myself back into the same situation. I really wish I could understand the "hold" the Jolly Rancher has on me...So I could completely come to terms with it. In others news....The heifer I have decided to my rogue's gallery has been gone from the office for the last couple of days, and there has been peace in the valley...But I have sneaking suspicion that we she returns, that is a Dynasty-scale showdown brewing... I think I going to put on my Jennifer horror movie for some ideas.. I have on my get it gurl drawers, and I am ready to break out the Vaseline and leave a fake nail in her face...I really need to practice that Tina Turner relaxation chant.. But that can happen later after paybacks...



2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

It's good that you are checking yourself before any possible wrecking could happen, but I agree, we all have some sense of drama. the way we handle it is always the factor of our character

Alex said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence...I think my biggest issue is that I am always doubting myself...