Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Simple Kind of Life

For the last three days, I have playing this song by No Doubt over and over again..It really applies to my life at the moment. I have always wanted a kid, a fantastic career, and a man I could truly call the love of my life. But the older I get, the more selfish and jaded I get. I look around the vast landscape, and see so many people who just let things happen to them or complain that things have been done to them. I have never thought I fit in either of those categories, but more and more I feel like everything is getting so complicated in my life. The first week of Winter Quarter began this week, and I am the most disorganized I have ever been and I am feeling so overwhelmed. And it's only the beginning. I have always been a control freak, but having no control over things is really sending me over. I am so glad I had a chance to take some time away from work to start putting things in perspective. I have no control over what happens to my ex, my job, or my friends, but I can try to make different for me....I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Nothing sucks like the feeling of being suffocated by things you can't control. I hope the free fall ends on a soft pillow, and that you find calmness soon!

Alex said...

Thank you for that..I enjoyed reading your blog..

Wonder Man said...

That's a good point in the end...do what's best for you