Friday, January 9, 2009

The Bald Faced Truth

Yes, I know it is supposed to be "Bold Faced", but this is more appropriate for my mood.
It is just about the last couple of days before I return to work and school. I went to my first class last night and felt a little better about things, and was amazed about the grades I earned last quarter. When I get in these kinds of moods, I just don want the momentum to slip away from me...I was getting some things done today when I decided to give my best friend Chris a call. He told me that he was going to get his hair cut. I decided then and there that it would be good for me to get a haircut as well. To see my hair close up, it has been big and bushy for some time. IN fact, it has been so bad my sisters have had jokes for me. Fredrick Douglas is one that comes to mind.
After some some soul searching, I walked in and asked for a haircut. 15 minutes and some shivering later, my hair is completely gone! I have never gotten my hair cut so short as an adult. So here I am 39, and bald....I am just writing off as one more transition. I have had funny looking fades, twists, and dreadlocks that were to my back. I know I am clean shaving. Just looking forward to see what happen next on my journey where my outward appearance is starting to echo my interior metamorphosis. Who knows?

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I love your new look!

Wonder Man said...

a new look helps sometimes